Terms & Conditions
Trading Terms & other relevant information
All of our prices are in Australian dollars (AUD) and include GST (Goods and services tax). Product prices are regularly updated when price changes are received from our suppliers.
- Spillrite guarantees the workmanship of all of Spillrite branded products except those PD power units which are assembled and completed by third party companies. (Warranties will be the responsibility of those companies). As such, Spillrite offers a limited warranty to all original end-users of our products. Generally, this warranty applies to defects in material and workmanship when the product fails under normal conditions. Damage caused by conditions including, but not limited to the following are expressly excluded: modification to any component or assembly, solvents, corrosives, or harsh environmental conditions. Also excluded are all components considered consumables, such as gaskets, filters or exhaust silencers.
It shall be at the sole discretion of Spillrite to either repair or replace a defective product or part with an identical or comparable unit. Shipping costs to and from Spillrite will be the responsibility of the customer.
This warranty expressly excludes all claims of consequential or incidental damages which may arise as a result of product use or failure.
Extended warranty from 2 to 5 years can be purchased on most products.
Time frame and Delivery:
- Spillrite will take all efforts to deliver goods on time. If dues to unforseen circumstances the goods do not arrive on the specified or estimated delivery Spillrite will not be held responsible and will not refund or pay for any other method of transport or upgrade to the original transport contract. As we manufacture and source our products we can be held up by third partiues beyond the scope of our control. If as a customer you do not accept this condition then please do not purchase any products from us or talk to us about potential delays etc.
- Spillrite will decide on the carrier and freight company for all goods dispatched and the customer will have no recourse, legal settlement, refund or case for an adverse claim against and Spillrite if they decide to alter the type of freight or carrier without written permission from one of the Directors at Spillrite.
Interpretation of goods:
All goods will be delivered as described on our website and we stand by the specifications and purpose to which those goods/products are designed. If the product arrives and it does not do what a customer thought it would do then this responsibility lies with the customer not Spillrite. Please choose carefuly and always talk to a professional consultant fromSpillrite making a purchase. We will not refund the cost of a product because the product will not do what the customer thought it would do due to the product being designed for a different task or the specifications are outside the scope of the task.
Ownership of goods and insurance:
Goods remain the property of Spillrite until all payments have been received in full. The goods once they have left the Spillrite factory are the responsibility of the customer. Insurance is not normaly taken out on dispatched goods. Insurance is the responsibility of the customer.
Inspection of Goods or Property of Spillrite:
Customers have no legal right to enter or view any product or product range or Spillrite premises without the written permission of one of the Directors of Spillrite. We will allow visitors to enter our premises under strict conditions and with advance notice.
Once the order has been processed and paid for the order cannot be cancelled by the customer unless agreed to by the directors of Spillrite at their complete discretion.
Please choose carefully. We do not normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision. You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit where goods are faulty, have been wrongly described, are different to the product purchased on the website or doesn’t perform as advertised. We will stand by all of the products we design and build and honour all stated warranties.
- Most goods (except custom built units like Gutter Vacuums) returned within 7 days in the original packaging and undamaged will be elligible for a refund minus a 10% restocking fee.
- Gutter vacuums units as they are custom built units and often times require a large portion of the payment/deposit to be paid to our suppliers to begin the build process will have up to 25% of the sale price deducted from any refund as a result of a change of mind or any other reason which the client requests a refund. Please choose wisely and ask as many questions as possible so you will not be upset when you do not receive your deposit or payment refunded in full. We will endeavour to work with clients and understand that situations change and you may change your mind. We will however not be left at an economic disadvantage due to your change of mind.
- Gutter Vacuums petrol motors. As of September 2017 all gutter vacuum units will be fitted with Vanguard petrol motors. If you require a Honda petrol motor there will be an additional $500 charge and this upgrade must be included in the invoice or a Vanguard will be supplied.
- All suction hose for the vacuum systems will be decided by Spillrite. Spillrite also retains the right to change the type, size and make of suction hose without consultation if it deems the specified hose is not up to the performance specifications that is required for good operation.If we change the hose we will not supply an inferior quality of hose.
- Contact Spillrite as soon as you have received your goods if you are not satisfied.
- All goods returned after 7 days from invoice date will be assessed on a case by case basis.
- Goods returned after 7 days without notification to Spillrite by email or recorded telephone conversation will not be elligible for a refund.
- All custom built systems that perform as per specification and within agreed parameters between Spillrite and client will not be elligible for a refund but may be elligible for a partial credit. This will be assessed by Spillrite and Spillrite to decline credit or refund with all custom built systems.
- Custom built units which have been built specifically for a client and then delivered to client as ordered will not be refunded as these units can then not be onsold. If the unit has been delivered and unopened then returned to Spillrite after written correspondence has been entered into and agreed by the directors of Spillrite, then that unit may be put up for re-sale, if and when a new client requires that exact model. The sale will be at an agreed discount to the original purchase price.
- If a custom built unit has been opened and used then it is deemed second hand goods and cannot be retuned to Spillrite.
Terms and conditions:
The terms and conditions of sale will stand unless an agreement between the customer and Spillrite has been agreed to in writing and with full consent of the Directors of Spillrites and its Directors will not be held legally liable for any breakdown in the relationship between company and client. We will endeavour to settle all disputes in a legal manner and with conciliation and respect for the customers situation. All settlements will be at the discretion of the Directors of Spillrite
Hydro vacuum Units
80% deposit is required to hold machines.
Payments less than 80% will be regarded as a storage fee bond.
All Hydro vacuum units that have a deposit recorded against them and have been kept in storage pending the completion of sale will accrue a $250 + gst per week storage charge if the sale is not completed.